Quote:
Originally posted by pnwbeers:
[QUOTE]So you think it's ok to impose your belief system in such a way as to discriminate against others?

Even today some people don't believe in bi-racial marriage, and while they have the right to beleive as they do, do they get to impose that belief system on others? What's the difference?
The difference is bi-racial is still man-woman. I am no more trying to force my opinion on the gays than they are forcing thiers on me. Do you have children? Have you ever had to answer a 10-year old when they ask you what does gay mean? I don't believe my children need to be exposed to that. It is not in the belief system that my family and religion teach and believe, and I am entitled to that belief as much as anyone else. If you don't agree, good for you, that is why we vote on things in this country, so we can disagree and sort things out without violence.

I do not go to anti-gay marriage rallies, I do not write the bills for proposed laws, but I will vote on the bill if it gets presented to me, and I will live by whatever the outcome.

That my friend is what the first amendment is for, so I can speak my mind even though you disagree, not just so the people who agree with you can speak.