Quote:
Originally posted by Digityzed:
Quote:
Originally posted by Digityzed:
[b]If marriage is religious, then tell me why a heterosexual couple can go to city hall and get a marriage license, AND be married by a Justice of the Peace? If they're married in a church or in city hall, in the end, they're still [b]married. What if the couple is Atheist - are they not married? As tough as this may be to accept, not everyone believes in God. The whole "marriage is a religious ceremony" is a bullshit excuse that is getting really fucking tiresome.[/b]
Quote:
Originally posted by jerseydevi1:
Ok, how about this one. [b]I don't believe that gay marriage is the same, and if it ever came to a vote, I would vote against it since it is against my belief system. I have as much right to my opinion and what I want my kids exposed to as the gay couple does, and my family and I don't believe they can form a family in the traditional sense that we believe in.[/b]
Seriously, why do you care so much about what other families, gay or straight, are up to in their private lives? (I'm just wondering.) Because, it's really none of anyone else's business. As long as they're raising the kids in a loving home, what's the difference if they're gay or straight? The kids aren't going to "catch it".

Also, could you elaborate on why you don't think gay marriage is the same...aside from the obvious that it's between partners of the same sex?[/b]
You are kidding , right? You cannot throw out the same sex issue, otherwise there is no issue. My family and I don't believe that a man and a man can be the same as a man and a woman. period. That is what our belief system is, and that is what we would vote on.

I'm sorry I don't agree with you, but I won't be bullied into changing the belief system that I have held all my life, regardless of how many times you all on the left act all angry and call me and people who share my views names. Personally, I'm a little tired of the whole if it feels good, do it attitude. I feel that is what is getting this country into trouble, and I'm glad to see a trend in the other direction.