Quote:
Originally posted by jerseydevi1:
The difference is bi-racial is still man-woman.
So what? It was considered just as wrong as man-man or woman-woman in the past...

Quote:
I am no more trying to force my opinion on the gays than they are forcing thiers on me.
How wanting the same rights that you enjoy forcing an opinion on you?

Quote:

Do you have children?
Not yet, but my wife is starting to get more and more anxious. I'm not sure how much longer I can hold out. [Uh Oh !]

Quote:
Have you ever had to answer a 10-year old when they ask you what does gay mean?
Happy. laugh

Quote:
I don't believe my children need to be exposed to that. It is not in the belief system that my family and religion teach and believe, and I am entitled to that belief as much as anyone else.
Thats just fine to hold those beliefs yourself - you have that right without question. But you don't have the right to deny others a constitutional right. You know the old saying that your rights only extend until they start to infringe on the rights of others? That applies here.

Quote:
If you don't agree, good for you, that is why we vote on things in this country, so we can disagree and sort things out without violence.
We shouldn't be voting on constitutional rights. We'll see if the constitution actually gets amended - I personally doubt it will happen, but it's possible.

Quote:

I do not go to anti-gay marriage rallies, I do not write the bills for proposed laws, but I will vote on the bill if it gets presented to me, and I will live by whatever the outcome.
I'm glad you don't go to those rallies. Actually the rallies put on by both sides tend to be attended by some strange folks.

Quote:
That my friend is what the first amendment is for, so I can speak my mind even though you disagree, not just so the people who agree with you can speak.
This isn't a first amendment issue at all - I've already agreed with you that you have an absolute right to believe as you do and teach your children accordingly. This is a equal protection issue, and quite a clear violation of that clause. Because that's in the federal constitution, the state constitutions and laws passed by the states (as well as any Federal law) are not controlling.