Quote:
Originally posted by pnwbeers:
Because that's in the federal constitution, the state constitutions and laws passed by the states (as well as any Federal law) are not controlling.
By certain states allowing it and other not, it has already been forced on states that vote against it. I believe it was 2001Frontier that said it earlier, it's like driving through or in another state with my VA license, all states acknowledge each others licenses, as well as acknowledge each other's marriages. So, if Virginia votes against allowing it, but Massachusetts allows it, the gay couple that moves here is still considered married, and now my family has to deal with it, even though our state law does not recognize it. Just my opinion. Like I said, if I ever get to vote on it, my concience, and what I believe is right for my family and I dictate that I must vote against it. If the vote goes the other way, I will live with it as I do with other laws I disagree with. That is the difference between myself and those on the left. I admit when I lose, and live with it.

As far as your comments on what to tell my kids, and the fact that you don't have any yet, I'd like to see how your opinion changes as you and your children get older. I know mine did.