Quote:
Originally posted by jerseydevi1:
You [b]are kidding , right? You cannot throw out the same sex issue, otherwise there is no issue. My family and I don't believe that a man and a man can be the same as a man and a woman. period. That is what our belief system is, and that is what we would vote on.[/b]
No, I wasn't kidding. And, you're statement doesn't answer the question of WHY you don't feel that gay marriage is the same - you're merely re-affirming your stance. The question is why do you feel that way? If you're going to have such a strong belief about something, at least have a reason for it other than, "That is what our belief system is, and that is what we would vote on." I'm just saying.

Quote:
I'm sorry I don't agree with you, but I won't be bullied into changing the belief system that I have held all my life, regardless of how many times you all on the left act all angry and call me and people who share my views names.
Who's bullying you into changing your beliefs? I'm not saying, "No, I think it's wrong. You should think the way I think!" I'm merely asking why you feel that way. You're entitled to your opinion, just as I am. But, I feel having a constitutional ammendment which would prevent a group of people (myself included) from being legally married, is discrimination.

Quote:
Personally, I'm a little tired of the whole if it feels good, do it attitude. I feel that is what is getting this country into trouble, and I'm glad to see a trend in the other direction.
If you think the "if it feels good do it" mantra is what homosexuals live their lives by, then you need to get to know a homosexual person a little better before you judge.