I'm fairly certain we still have "common-law" marraiges in KY, but I don't know how many years you have to be living together for it to go in effect. I believe it is 8 years, but I honestly don't know why I'm thinking that. It could be an even 10 years, or as few as 5.

Like I said; our constitutional amendment was not worded correctly, and now we have an extremely stupid law in the books, that is going to take a helluva' wake-up call for the state, to get it fixed. I don't know that it will ever be corrected, as the majority of the people in this state are not, how do you say, smart...

The thing that bothers me the most about ANY of these state "laws" or "amendments", is that the majority of people don't bother to read the whole thing, before they vote. They don't bother to think about what it actually says, or how it could be interpreted. I'm a firm believer in keeping the laws to a minimum. Other than a few places in the country, giving gays a "right" to get married hasn't even been considered. So why do ordinary people feel that all the sudden, they're going to be forced to allow it?? And to listen to the proponents of these assinine laws screaming, "The GAYS are coming! The GAYS are coming!", is just plain annoying!!! Look, the gay population is LESS THAN 1% of the population in the country. Yet for some strange reason, that's a majority of the topics of conversation, in the political world right now. Why in hell are we even talking about 1%??? Isn't there a helluva' lot more important things to talk about?