Quote:
Staying on topic, it is also a fact that most media organizations are pro-gay in their editorial policies. I think you know that. You as a member of the media know that all too clearly. I feel you are very reluctant to admit this fact.
Years ago as an intern I was covering the Matthew Sheppard killing for a major newspaper and practically was assaulted for asking questions like 'What was he doing picking up straight guys at bars in Wyoming?' and 'Was he forthcoming about being HIV positive?' Questions that none of the rest of the media was asking. I felt I was doing my job trying to get the whole story, and I certainly wasn't on some pro or anti gay crusade. I was quickly removed from the story and had to sit and write obits for the rest of my time there, so I know all about the media catering to certain interests. This certainly was an ugly incident, but I'm not sure it's so rare when you're writing for such a moderate, popular publication.

But I think, most of the time, the best news sources do try and present an accurate presentation of what happened.