Quote:
Originally posted by mando:

Years ago as an intern I was covering the Matthew Sheppard killing for a major newspaper and practically was assaulted for asking questions like 'What was he doing picking up straight guys at bars in Wyoming?' and 'Was he forthcoming about being HIV positive?' Questions that none of the rest of the media was asking. I felt I was doing my job trying to get the whole story, and I certainly wasn't on some pro or anti gay crusade. I was quickly removed from the story and had to sit and write obits for the rest of my time there, so I know all about the media catering to certain interests. This certainly was an ugly incident, but I'm not sure it's so rare when you're writing for such a moderate, popular publication.
So... Are you admitting that you have been a victim of the bias of your bosses?

The Matthew Sheppard story was a sad story. It could be argued the biggest case for media bias regarding homosexuals came from the Sheppard story.

Everyone in America knew his name. His story was pushed vigorously by the media.

Does anyone know who Jesse Dirkhising was? His story is perhaps worse than Sheppard's. No one heard about it because it was suppressed by the media. It didn't fit the agenda the media was promoting.