Mando, the article clearly stated that 60% were in favor of some kind of civil union, it did not say they were in favor of marriage like you so smugly posted. :rolleyes:

Quote:
Nearly 60 percent of the respondents said they support civil unions, a governmental recognition of a same-sex relationship that offers many of the same rights as married couples receive. Thirty-three percent said they oppose civil unions
It also said:

Quote:
For instance, a nationwide New York Times/ CBS News poll published last week showed that 55 percent of Americans favored the constitutional amendment, while 40 percent opposed the idea.
Quote:
In a Rocky Mountain News/News 4 poll, 47 percent of respondents opposed a constitutional change that calls for defining marriage as "one man and one woman," and 43 percent favored it
Quote:
Of those who opposed it, 38 percent said they felt "strongly." Of those who favored it, 36 percent said they felt "strongly."
Quote:
....the company that conducted the poll of 400 registered voters.....
I hardlt think 400 people is a representative sample.
You are being dishonest and couldnt take the heat when Madman called you on it. I am glad you posted the article so we could see what it actually said. Otherwise we would have to take your inaccurate word on it. :rolleyes:

Look at the results of the poll on this page. And for your info, I voted that they should be able to have civil unions. It is different than marriage, and it should be.