Quote:
Originally posted by TimR:
Quote:
Originally posted by fmsmitty:
[b]
Quote:
One can find reference to homosexual behavior in the earliest records of societies. It's normal. It's the way it has been since the beginning of time.

In what manner have you shown it to be wrong?

Tim
Hey Tim,

Please show me where, in the beginning of time that is, that homosexuality was normal. I hate to use this, but I think it was Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve.
Please read and comprehend more carefully. The fact that a certain percentage of our population is homosexual is normal, as it is the way it has been since the beginnning of society.

Reading for you:

Law, society and homosexuality in classical Athens - David Cohen

Translating Greek homosexuality: reticence and the truth of sex - James Davidson

It's fine that you don't think it is normal. It's fine you think it's wrong. You are certainly correct that the bible says it's a sin.

However, this country is great because it is filled with people of many religions, and no religions. Marriage predated christianity. We don't have the right as christians to say everyone's idea of marriage must conform to our's, and certainly not in this country.

You missed commenting on my response to you, but you managed to comment on my response to NY Madman. Interesting.

Tim[/b]
I think I read fairly clearly. You said the beginning of TIME in your original statement, which has now been downgraded to the beginning of SOCIETY. Hey guess what? I agree with you now. Homosexuality has existed for a long time. I think one is born that way. I also think they are born that way for a reason to serve some purpose somehow. I also think that homosexuals can lead a Christian lifestyle without acting physically on their sexual desires. I also think this can all be possible without homosexuals being married.