Quote:
Originally posted by MaloCS:
Quote:
Originally posted by Biohazard:
[b]All I got say is
[Finger]

So since my X had a couple kayaks on top of it my lifestyle is a "whack ass" one and I'm using my X like a soccer mom? WTF?

Seriously, I understand your point and agree with it to an extent. There is absolutly no reason they shouldn't include offroading pics because it is part of our lifestyles. But to tell Nissan to fuck off instead of working with them to convince them why they should including offroading pics is just immature. Especially when they are working to promote the clubs which is something they sure hell don't have to do.
You have to understand that by playing by this set of rules does nothing but hinder the current Xterra 4x4 community. To say that offroading in the X is not part of the Xterra lifestyle is untrue and bullshit.

Sure, XOC welcomes all types of Xterra owners but the vast majority of it's membership is into offroad 4X4. After all, what is GOX and GoneMOAB? They're not Xterra Kayaking events. They're not Xterra mountain biking events. They're not Xterra rock climbing events. They're Xterra offroad 4X4 events promoted and staged by XOC - mainly Ian Firth. Who, as far as I know, is not an employee of Nissan.

What does that tell you? It says that there is a cult following for the Xterra and I would wager that it is comprised of at least 95% offroad 4X4 usage. You don't see Xterra "LIFESTYLE" clubs around, do you? Just Xterra offroad clubs. Hmmm.

If you reread my earlier post you will see that I never said that other extreme activites were whack. I stated that the act of bypassing a major portion of the so called Xterra lifestyle was bullshit. Take a chill and feel comfortable that I don't think kayaking is stupid.

Now, if you truly feel the need to say that your picture was in an offical Nissan television commercial then go for it. I just know that I wouldn't give them any photos. Let them take their own pictures so they could advertise and market their product how they see fit. They won't use my talent, passion or hobby to just overlook something I'm really into.

As far as trying to "educate" or "work with" them so they will include offroad images is pointless. They know exactly how popular this 4X4 thing is. Why else would they be coming to XOC for material? They know and they are deliberately thumbing their nose at you and your usage of the X. How does that make you feel?

All I know is that I don't do business with people that patronize me. But, I guess you do.[/b]
I hope you understand that I was giving you crap in the first part of my post. :rolleyes:

Like I said in my first post: There is absolutly no reason they shouldn't include offroading pics because it is part of our lifestyles. It doesn't make me feel patronized that they don't want offroading pics, but like you, I don't agree with it. Hell, I'd love for them to use my offroading pics from today.

The only reason that I do go along with it is because they are promoting the clubs. I don't know the true numbers but I'll bet that at 70% of the existing xterra owners have no clue that these clubs exist.