Quote:
Originally posted by reddevil07:
I’ve been wheeling a few times now with MXO, AXTOHA included. I turned 18 this October and I take great offense to those who believe anyone under 18 is completely irresponsible. I took my friend (both 17 at the time) to the Badlands in Indiana and we had a perfectly fun, responsible time with, mind you, other members over the age of 21.

Why some people so desperately feel the need to blatantly discriminate against those under the age of 18 as reckless and as a possible liability is beyond me. “Adults” (those over 18) can be just as irresponsible and even more-so in some situations.

If you even consider implementing such “liability rules”, you are not not only being unfair, but also not giving someone a chance to participate in a common love we all share on this board: wheeling our X’s.
it may just be me but i believe they are talking about lowering it. im 20 and am saying that they are just saying in general what could happen if someone under the age got a hold of alcohol. it may be unfair but we have to go by the rules that they make because most of them created the clubs. i do see what you are saying though but it is just stuff that we have to live by and accept. sxfc just allowed 18 year olds so i am finally after 7 months able to join the club that i was just lurking in. one day maybe your local club will allow 18 year olds as i think most of the clubs are lowering their age limit and changing the by laws saying that if someone under the age is in pocession or if someone 21 or older contributes to a minor then they will immedietly be banned from the club.