Your on an Xterra board - what do you expect for responses?

I love my X. I love the styling, the options and most of all the price.

Also, it's not a chrysler product, so it will more than likely stand a good chance of spending more time on the road than at my mechanics garage.

To each his own. You need to pick whichever one floats YOUR boat - my opinion only really matters to me since I drive my vehicle, not yours.

If you really can't make up your mind, rent 'em both for a week. I know budget rents Xterra's - I'm sure other places rent liberties. Go to the airport and troll the rental counters - you can get deals for as little as $20-$30 a day if the car rental place is having a slow day/week, or you can get coupons from online or even check with your credit card company - many have deals and specials with rental companies.

In the end, YOU are the one driving your vehicle - so test drive 'em both (and not just from a dealer - really drive 'em around) and pick the one you like.

For example - on the whole "power" thing - you really can't tell how a vehicle feels for power unless you drive it - the liberty may have more HP, but be geared or weigh more so it feels less responsive - or vice versa. I have a 5 speed and the SC, and I have no problem cutting across three lanes of traffic to get to the carpool lane in the morning laugh

I love my X - and that should be no suprise, I own one and hang out on an Xterra message board [Wave]