Pictures of a beautiful challenging as you make it trail up in the trees at elevation near Payson AZ. A red rock like creek bed crawl over some nice size boulders, ledges, and rocks that sometime crumble/split. This trail is starting to get popular and we followed by some paparazzi snapping photos left/right with the oh and awe's until the end. Seemed like they we amazed that we could climb the rocks so well or something.

TF&J in is monster SAS bobbed frontier with the 37’s pretty much took on all the obstacles on the harder line and basically spanked them until that last one a crazy vertical narrow ledge known as filter. For safety reasons you need to at least use a winch for holding power…you see nothing but sky on the two-step up where one slip or side slide could mean big trouble.

I went for almost all the same lines in the Black Hawk, managed some other ones as I flex my rig to the max at times and pushed my clearance as much as possible. I just couldn’t scale the biggest ledge on the tougher line but I still made the others and the easier line on that one. My rig just didn’t have the approach angle or big enough tires for that one and the SUA was a liability compared to T’s SOA. But I’ll be back next time with some bigger tires and better suspension to settle that score.

We where all impressed with Conundrum ’05 OR that is pretty close to stock + sliders. With some skills and traction aids minus clearance and better tires he crawled his way around the sections he went for. In one spot on a S turn between boulders on a small ledge the front drivers tire was getting air and the back passenger was too but he keep forward momentum going on two tires just kissing the front bumper but making it none the less.