Quote:
Originally posted by porsche996:
Quote:
Originally posted by Kaiser:
[b]I hate to agree with porsche on anything... but I do on this one.
Wow.

Are you running a fever?

The thing I don't get, is a hitch ball causes more damage to the vehicle in the rear, whether it's a rear-end and their fault, or whether it's a backing-up, and it's the truck's fault.

But that much damage could ALL be prevented, if just the owner of the truck wasn't so freaking lazy to take 2 seconds out of their day, and take the damn thing off.

I've been rear-ended, several times, when I used to drive a dodge dakota. Of the 3 times, not 1 of them did enough damage to my truck, that I couldn't just bend the bumper right back into shape. None of them ever caused a lot of damage to the car behind me. But if I had been an ass enough to ride around with a ball, it could have easily punched through their grill, and then through their radiator & oil cooler, and caused WAY more damage than what should have happened.

So what does that do? It causes insurance companies to have to pay more per accident, because some driver was too damn lazy to take off their ball. And then, since insurance companies aren't about to take a loss on something, it causes everybody's insurance rates to go up just a smidge, because some asshat was lazy.

So this little fender bender you were in now has turned into a much bigger ordeal, because you left the ball on. Most likely, considering how little damage was actually done to that car, NOTHING would have happened to either your truck or the car, if the hitch hadn't been there.

But congratulations. You got your big [Finger] to the person that hit you. And you got to post a thread & some pictures to show how "great" your truck & hitch are, because it completely fucked up some person's day.

2 seconds to remove a ball. For the love of god, quit being lazy and take the damn thing off.[/b]
You know what?? Any time you want to ram into some one for having a ball in their hitch then come and find me. I always have mine in there for just that reason. I live in Norfolk and we have lots of damn tunnels where 99% of the time most people don't let you merge into the lane even though they know when and where lanes need to merge or they are riding behind you so close because they want to be a dick to the guy that is trying to merge into the lane that all it will take is one hard hit of the brakes and they are going to nail you.

If it does more damage to the dumbass because he wants to be a dick to someone else by not letting them in and they hit me then so be it. I'm sorry but if you can't see a damn ball on the back of someone's truck than you need to get the f**K off of the road because you are blind as hell and shouldn't be driving in the first place.

I know that when I have a couple of people that want to tail gate me then I make sure that I can safely do a brake check to them without getting hit and then pull up enough so that they see that they will have a ball go through their radiator the next time they get to f**king close to me and I have to stop in an emergency situation.

It's all about being smart enough to maintain the 2 second rule but most people out there are just to stupid to apply it and so they hit someone. I've almost gotten t-boned by the dumbass drivers here in Norfolk that are to busy talking on their phones that they don't pay any attention to what they are doing so that's another reason that I have sliders on and welded to the frame. So if some dumbass hits me in the side it will hopefully protect the body and f**k up their ride instead. So if I have sliders and someone hits me and causes a lot of damage to their car does that make me a dumbass and a lazy f**k for not taking them off after each time that I offroad. Hell no. [Finger]