My story is not nearly as impressive - but I can speak for the "seaworthiness" of the X as well. I tow a little over 2 tons of sailboat which I pull in and out of Lake Mead, NV annually for its outhaul.

Despite 12' of tongue extension, with the keel of the sailboat as low as it is I have to get the trailer pretty deep in the water to get the boat on and off. I routinely have looked through my rearview mirror to see the waterline about three inches above the bottom of the rear window sill.

With my Duelers and the amphibious X, I pull damn near 5000 lbs. of boat out and up the ramp with no issues.

The looks of amazement I get when I do this are worth the price - but the water intake is above water, the exhaust is keeping water from coming back up that way, and I don't make a habit of pushing my luck by staying that deep longer than necessary.

The main leaks for me are the left and right rear passenger doors. The sound of water rushing into the cab of the truck is a bit disconcerting.

An "oh by the way" - best outdoor adventure picture I have is the X loaded down with camping gear, a kayak on top of the Conferr roof rack (along with the shovel, axe, and Hi-lift), towing a sailboat...I liked it anyway.

No, I don't have the picture with me as I'm writing from a land that is significantly far away and often in the news. My spouse is diligently keeping the X running for me while I'm gone.