Quote:
Originally posted by MikeX:
OK, I'll bite. Look Jeff, It's all a waste of gas. We are Americans, we buy toys we don't need. I don't need my Xterra, I bought it to drive around in a vehicle that I think looks cool - yep - and I do buy groceries in it. What should I get, a corvette that has a big ass LS2 engine, it wastes gas. I know you need 4 wheel drive in CO, but when you go 4 wheeling for fun, do you waste gas? Sure you do, but you want to because you want to burn up fossil fuels doing something you like to do but isn't necessary and is wasting gas, so what, it's all good. I don't need 4 wheel drive, I like the Xterra looks and room inside, none of us "need" an Xterra. Its all OK though we are all different and like diffferent things, different hobbies and things we waste money on.

smile
I dont know why you guys get so offended when someone tells you how they feel about your truck. Who gives a fuck what Jeff thinks, its your money! Just because he lives in colorado doesnt mean he needs 4wd. Hell, anyone who truly needs a 4wd gets a subaru (like 80% of the locals here in Tahoe; its cheap, gets good mileage and is good in snow). People who buy trucks usually buy them because they dont like cars (like me!). You also cant take a subaru on the type of terrain you can in an xterra.

So what does it all boil down to here? It boils down to people prefering a truck over a car, and also the need to have 4wd. Two major things. thats pretty much it. You bought a truck (i hope because you prefer trucks over cars) and dont need 4wd. Thats fine. Its your money and uhh.... grow some balls next time attacks you for it. wink