Enjoy the photos of the John Bull trail, a fun rocky & technical one that many consider the toughest in Big Bear, CA.

Although you normally only see built rigs on JB there had been some reports that things had been rearranged & the trail made tougher because it was getting too much use? Hum…have to check this out…to make things more interesting we went the harder way mostly uphill west to east.

I wheeled the family hauler…Toy Fzj80 with a 3” lift & 33's, dhsundance; 02 SC X with a 3” lift , and scorpion drove his new 04' Rubi with a 4” RE lift and stock MT/R's.

The weather was near prefect as we hunted a few caches along the way and had a great time wheeling without missing a beat… I used my sliders a few times but my big 80 mostly laughed and climbed over everything w/o any problems. The Rubi was impressive to me…with the wheel travel, crawler gears, etc but could have used some extra ground clearance/larger tires a few times. DH in his X did really well despite a leaking PS box and would have made a clean run if his balding AT's didn't slip off a boulder & dent the front bumper up a bit.

While airing up we came across a banged up blazer with a torn off front bumper, destroyed rocker panels, dents, messed up suspension and he was surprised that DH had taken “that X” on the trail.