I recently went through a big ordeal with my new '02 X, where I was getting some MAJOR vibration and wheel bounce form the stock Generals that Nissan puts on the 16" wheels. My Nissan dealer said they did not deal with the tires after trying twice to balance them out, and sent me to a General dealer (of my choosing confused ) to seek satisfaction.

Discount Tire, who will now be my tire dealer of choice, tried once to balance them out, and told me that all four tires were putting over 20# of road force on a RF balancer, and that one was 26#!!!

After their attempt failed, they called General, who offered to put another set of Grabbers on, but would not credit me for the tire. I was about to go for the deal, when the store manager talked me out of it. He said that had nothing but problems with that tire, and that he had bought a Ford Explorer Sport Trac with the same tires, and was having the same issue. He told me that he had serviced 3 other Xterra owners in the last 6 months with the same problem!!! He strongly reccomended against getting another set, and to show his good will i suppose, gave me $55 credit towards a new set of tires, and threw in free balancing, mounting, rotating, and road hazard.

Anyway, to make a long story just a little longer wink , I am happy with new tires, but now I am out over 200 bucks, and I have only owned my X for about 4 months. I had a 93 Hardbody before this, and had no trouble (I still drive it) out of it, and am a Nissan advocate all the way.

WTF is the deal with these tires, or is it just bad luck?