Quote:
Originally posted by Carlton McMillan:
[QBFYI.. the correct line was about four feet to the left as you are looking at the picture. The drivers side tire should have been where the rock you see about to impact the WAAG is. ANd it was possible to go down and up without touching any part of the Xterra to any rocks. (Ian did it right after Todd blew out his sidewall)[/QB]
I wasn't there, so I don't know the complete situation, but 4 feet to the left would have put the truck up on that slope, causing the truck to hit that rock off camber. From what I can see in the picture, I would have taken Oleg's line there. It's just my opinion, but I would rather be level and taking an obstacle, than off camber while taking it. If Ian made the line to the left, that's great. Ian is an experienced offroader, with a modified X. From the looks of that black X in the picture, he's pretty much stock, except for mabyee AT's

I apologize for taking this thread offtopic too, so back to the steering system....it works GREAT!!! I have a couple of pictures, but won't have them up till later tonight...I'm off to work now.