I'm going to try and be as nice as possible.

With 3 inches of suspension lift I feel my truck is more stable. Better suspension components easily compensate and then some for the extra height. You will have to do a suspension AND body lift to get 5 inches...allows for larger tires but gives you no clearance benefit except for the extra 1/2" you get from the 33" tire.

Having your tires offset like you are asking is stupid. Excessive wear on suspension, excessive wear on wheel bearings, excessive rubbing of bodywork, and most of all it looks stupid..REALLY stupid! It also has a negative effect on offroading...track will be too wide for many obstacles and among other things could get you stuck between two trees. First person who cuts down a tree because their Xterra is 12 inches wider than it should be will get their ass kicked by me! Wider track also gives you more distance between tires and in most offroading situations the closer the better for clearance reasons. Most trails around here are barely wide enough for a Jeep...the Xterra is already too wide!

Search, search, search, search!!!