Quote:
Originally posted by dirt rider:
...the calmini shackles and a bit of t-bar tweak, it's all at a good price, which is good for me. Before you all say I don't need shackles with the 31", I'll just say that I know but I'll buy them anyway, they're cheap.

Anybody knows why people buy aftermarket wheels? Just for looks? I don't think I need to buy wheels even if I buy the 32" right? I couldn't care less about the looks of the wheels.
THat's pretty much what I got in the way of suspension except I went with the Calmini AAL's becasue my leaf springs were sagging a bit. It only cost $150 for 1.5in of lift.

I also stuck with the stock cast aluminum wheels, I like the look of stock over aftermarket ones. The only reason to change is to go to steel rims. If your cast aluminum wheels take a bad hit by a rock they crack and the air leaks out; if the steel wheels take a hit they bend and you can use a BFH to bang them back into shape. But I've been on some gnarly trails and never had the stock wheels hit a rock so I figure I don't really need to go to steel rims.

Xterra101.com