Quote:
Originally posted by JeffW:
Quote:
Originally posted by TJ:
[b]It was the new one that slipped on rocks, but did great on everything else.
TJ has never run this tire. So take what he says with a grain of salt.

One driver who had them in the outback:
"On twisty dirt roads pushed reasonably quickly, tracked well, some sliding but then we did have 3.2 ton of Landcruiser pushing them, felt safe and comfortable.

We spent 7 days in constant 4wd territory, some of it very gnarly, very steep and most days in low range, surface varied from some mud holes to dry clay, deep dust and a lot of broken rock, all on very steep tracks both up and down.

Tyres gripped everywhere, provided great adhesion over all surfaces including rock faces, loose rocks and dry clay, tyres never slipped at all. Even when deliberatley picking high side of wet muddy ruts and taken very slowly the tyres gripped and did not slip off. Even tried changing direction in one muddy rut and the tyres gripped and walked out of the slippery rut."

A Nissan Patrol in the Outback:
"eventually come to the gibber flats on the Sturt's Stony Desert. It was on these flats that I thought that I may have tyre trouble. I was helping a couple of mates muster some wild camels. I was driving flat-out across large gibber flats with small creek gullies, sand dunes covered with Spinifex, and lots of large rim-busting rocks. Wheeling the heavily loaded Patrol around sharply trying to keep the camels moving in the right direction certainly tested both the tyres & the suspension. The tyres came through without any damage (the other Toyota was not so lucky, ripping 2 tyres to bits over the rocks)

I can only say that these new Armor-Tek STT Cooper's are the best tyres for these Outback conditions as they are certainly more than strong enough to cope with the rugged terrain."[/b]
Hmm just saw this thread for the second time and noticed it took you a week to do some research to eventually quote testimonials off Coopers website.... Seems like a reasonably unbiased opinion.... TJ was offering his opinion but you can never be wrong just like you demonstrated in the wrangler or xterra thread.