Hi yall !

Staight out , I`m a Jeep guy . My wife fell in love with the the XTERRA the day she saw it for the first time.

3 weeks ago , she got 2001 4x4 auto tranny solar yellow Xterra SE with a black WAAG push bar.

I must say I`m very impressed with the ride and looks of it .

personnally, I`m driving a 99 TJ Sahara with a 5 inch lift and 33" tires and all the goodies and I kinda want the X to gain a little height or a least look a little beefier while retaining a sober look.

Well , as sober as a solar yellow X can get.

So , my questions are ;

1.Those 255/65-16 have gotta go. a low profile tire on a s.u.v... No Way ! So what tire size can I put on without lifting it ? I was thinking maybe 265/75-16

2. Will a tire this size affect engine performance. b.t.w , what is the axle gearing in these things ?

3. Knowing that a shackle lift will usually kill any soft riding leaf spring like the ones on the X within a year or two since it puts most of the weight of the vehicle on the back half of the spring pack , How do the springs hold on with longer shackles ?

4. Not being familiar with torsion bars , how much can I crank them before I feel any adverse effect or a rougher ride ?

5. How does Nissan feel about longer shackles , cranked torsion bars and larger tires ? I thought Nissan was very severe as far as the warranty goes. I heard that they will void the warranty if you only put larger tires!

I know that`s a lot of questions guys , but I must say I`m very pleased to see that not only Jeep guys are proud of what they drive.

So now I guess I can have the best of both worlds !

Oh ya , What`s that neat looking basket that some of you have mounted on the roof rack ?

Thanks in advance for your help .

Steph.

------------------