IF the guy doesn't offroad, then it won't mess up his offroad ability. It will still handle snow in 4wd if that's a concern. Torsion bars and blocks is the only way unless air bags. If you trim the bumpstops, then you don't ride on them (duh!) and I don't know how the X setup is in the front, but I know on my Toyota's I've had and lowered (my high school and college days and then some) you can flip the upper and lower balljoints and get another 2-3 inches or so. Align the front and your good to go. Don't forget to get lowered shocks, that's where people really screw up. Compressed shocks ride worse than bumbstops. Airbags would be a whole different story. You guys kill me with the flaming of people wanting to do non 4x4 things with their X. But I've gotten into this debate before and I won't start it up again. Good luck on your lowering project. Post a pic or 2 and forget what these "monster truck" driving guys have to say. They act like they are going on to take on Gravedigger next week or something anyway.