OK, I'm not normally the type to gripe about a company on a messageboard, but my friend's experience is just over the top. Here's the background. He drives an XJ, with somewhere around 6" of lift, rear locker, and 35x12.5 R15 Procomp M/T's. The XJ is his daily driver, even though it's pretty decently modified at this point. He runs +/- 35 psi on the street, to maximize gas mileage. We wheel moderate to hard offroading trails, about once a month. We haven't been wheeling since I broke my shiite back at the NOAS URE run, so that was what, October? My memory isn't so good.

Anyways, here's his emails today, directly copied, so I don't f* anything up in the translation:

Email 1:

Quote:
woke up this morning to the not so gentle beating of my roof from the tarp over my skylight (one of the ropes had broken) (5:30)
so i fixed it and was on my way into work 20 minutes late
having a nice drive
i hear this weird noise and then my rear end went mushy
pulled to the side of the road
and one of my fuking left rear blew out
no wait it gets better
i had taken my tire iron out to work on the cj 2 days ago
nothing like calling AAA to change a flat
this day can't get much worse
email 2:

Quote:
IM GONNA GET AHOLD OF PRO COMP FIRST
IF THEY DON'T FIX IT IM GONNA GO WITH BFG'S ALL AROUND
THAT WAY I WILL HAVE TWO GOOD SPARES
AND I WILL JUST SELL THE THIRD
I NEED SOMETHING WITH ROAD HAZARD APARENTLY
email 3:

Quote:
oh
its fuking on
i called procomp
and was telling her about my problem
being real nice
but informing her that i need an answer real quick about wha they are going to do
she asked me to send her an email
so i did
then i asked her if she recieved the email yet and she said hold on
as she set down the phone i distinctly heard the words a$$hole come out of her mouth
when she came back i asked to speak to her manager
and she said she was the manager
so im going over and beyond
i don't give a sheet how bad her day is
mine is worse
and the c unt is going
email 4:

Quote:
ok john
start posting some pics im going to let everyone know
procomp blos
they decided i was running too low of air pressure
which overheated the tires
i said the only time i run low pressure is offroad
then i asked
you do advertise these as offroad tires don't you
and he said yes

i said do you think the discoloration might have come from me running no pressure in the tire for a 1/4 mile
he said no that wouldn't do it
Notice the amount of tread remaining on the tires, aka, they aren't even half-used, yet (yes, that's a quarter):

Wow, that's a nice explosion/melt down of a side-lug, then a nice tear in the sidewall:

Then finally, whaddya' know; the tear is even worse than it looks. Reminds me of the pull-string cheese snacks...:

So at this point, my friend is out the $$ for a new tire. But since the Procomps are such a sibby tire, aka, they have an explosion for no reason, and they won't back them up, he's going w/ the BFG M/T's next time.

So the point of the posting is, Procomp M/T's are "Buyer Beware". Beware that you may not have any problems with them. Beware that if you do, they will NOT stand by their product, even if it is a fairly obvious manufacturing/product defect (lug melting/dissappearing). Don't skimp on tires; it's just not worth it!