AGAIN... is anybody listening...

PART 1
When I purhased an Apple iPod I was intent on hooking it up to my stock RF stereo. The only way to do it was to purchase an FM modulator. The downfall of the FM modulator is that it connects via your FM antenna lead thus it only provides FM radio quality, not cd quality.

I was very unhappy with the sound quality. This lead me to buy an aftermarket head unit that played mp3s via a cdr. I am much happier with the results.

My recommendation would be to buy an aftermarket head unit. You will be much happier.

PART 2
You cannot use the stock RF amp with an aftermarket tuner in a conventional setting. I'm sure with some knowledge and elbow grease you could get it to work but why bother. Just buy a new amp. You could get very decent amps for a $100 or so.

PART 3
I would not recommend using the stock speakers with an after market tuner even though they will work.

I found that after 15 to 20 minutes of moderate volume the stock speaker coils would heat up and start popping. I bit the bullet and upgraded to Infinity Kappas.