Hello fellow X'ers. I recently bought a new system for my 01 Xterra but at the moment I'm a little disappointed with it (but that could be because of my little knowledge for stereo equipment... lol). Anyways here's my setup:

Alpine CDA-7873 cd receiver
Polk audio EX602a 6.5
Alpine SPS-6939S 6X9 (because the polks I bought didn't fit)
Alpine MRPF200 4 channel amp.

the problem is that it seems like the polk's 6.5 can't handle the power. they get distorted easily. I have the gain for both front and rear about half way up. once I get past about 17 or 18 on the volume they start making a cracking sound. Although I must admit replacing the back speakers don't make much of a difference so I orders some 6X9 speaker boxes and when I get them I'll have them facing up towards the front. Hopefully that will make it alot louder. I'm gonna gradually get a good sub once I get some $$$$.. Anyways does anyone have any recommendations on what to set the gain , bass, treble ect.. also does the X-over set at 80hz make a difference.. I know when I have it off on the head unit it seems to sound alot louder.. lol need to learn alot more about all this stuff...lol

Thanks everyone!!!

oceanrider
01 Solar Yellow Xterra