My goal was to build a great sounding system to play my tunes and not loose functionality of the vehicle. I am not trying to let the neighbors know I have a loud system so I focused on sound quality instead but it has plenty of volume for my needs.

Well here it is, or should I say "What can Brown do for you" as Santa Clause drives a brown UPS truck this time of year. He brought me a 10" alpine type R sub, 6.5 MBQuart Reference speakers, 6.5 MBQuart Discus speaker, 600 watt mono alpine sub amp, and a 75x4 Alpine amp. Head unit was already installed several weeks ago but its an alpine 9847.

I decided to build my own box. This was due in part because every box I looked at really cut into the cargo area which would cause me to loose functionality.

Prep work for the project. Plastic, painter tape, and foil everywhere in case of spillage of fiberglass resin. Don't want to hose up my brand new ride.

Here is the back of the box completed and trimmed up. Put in the truck to test fit.

This is the box with the 5/8" mdf board glued into place. I did it with a hot glue gun and it worked great as hot glue sets very fast but gives you time to work. Make sure you fit the board up and glue it when the box is in the truck. I did not do that initially and had to cut the glue and reshape the board. This is important because if you glue it while out of the truck it will cause the fiberglass to flex and then it won't fit right.

After that was complete I stretched material over the top and front open sides, hot glued it in place and put resin on it. I then cut off all the excess material with scissors and a dremel tool with sander blade which was needed because the resin hardened the edges. I don't have pics of this but I covered the opens spaces only. Why cover the front of the box in material and have to apply resin it. That adds time and money as resin is expensive. After that I fiberglassed the material/resin covered areas on the inside and outside of the material since the material/ resin is pretty weak.

After that I sanded it down and bondoed the heck out of it to get it smooth and make her puuuurrrttyyy!! Lots of sanding!

Here is an install picture. The rear internal plastic cargo panel is not hard to remove. To truly remove it you have to take out the rear seat. I did not do that so I just flexed it a bit so I could get behind it. I sound deadened the heck out of the body metal behind it and ran 2 1/4x20 bolt though the cargo pane and though the box to hold the box in place. I then ran the speaker cable and bolted it all together. After that I caulked the heck out of the holes (created by bolts and speaker wire) so I could have a sealed enclosure.

Here she is installed and completed!