As mentioned above, its more the run-around I'm getting that is disappointing. Other than this A/C issue I really like the vehicle. I do miss the 250 HP of the Pathfinder though. It will take some time to get used to.

My local dealer is starting to open up and hint that he thinks the A/C shouldn't work this way as well. However he also says he's talked to Nissan and it IS working as designed for 2003. He also admitted this morning that several people have similar complaints. This is at a pretty small dealership so I'm guessing this is only going to get bigger.

The dealership I bought the vehicle from wants me to bring it in to them to take a look. Since its about an hour away from me I haven't yet. I've gotten the same run around on the phone from them as well. It appears dealers aren't in the know about this new "correct" operation.

From what I've experienced and been told by the dealership, the A/C compressor on 2003 models runs anytime the engine is running and the fan is on. I'm still waiting to hear from a Nissan engineer. I'll post another upate when I have more info.