Thought I'd double check to be sure, but since the Compressor model used is NOT a variable capacity type (like the pathys' maximas 350's) then I'd tend to agree that constant operation is not appropriate.

If the compressor WAS a variable capacity (or whatever Nissan's term is for a compressor that varies it's own outlet pressure as needs dictate, and does not use clutch cycling to control output pressure) then constant operation would not be an issue, as the compressor would use whatever engine power it needs, versus the drain a standard type causes..

Also, since the X AC system is NOT the fully automated climate system found in the Maxima's, there shouldn't be a need for constant operation, I'd think.... those systems run the AC all the time, and it's more or less required for the system to maintain a perfect interior temperature.

If Nissan did it to prevent interior fogging, they should fix the ventilation systems, not compensate by using the AC... from what I see (which is admittedly much less than a nissan engineer should know).

-=RB

(FYI - from what I see, the AC control head requests AC from the PCM, and the PCM actually controls clutch operation. If you were going to hack, I'd start with the line from the AC head to the PCM, not by killing the clutch power elsewhere, since the PCM will try to compensate for the idle drain if it thinks the compressor is supposed to be on.)