Yes, I've finally completed (nearly) the install of my AVIC-Z1 into my '05 X. I'll try to provide all of my lessons learned along with my "review" of the unit as I go along. I will also try not to duplicate any information or efforts already provided elsewhere on this forum...

To start off, the pieces I purchased were the AVIC-Z1 unit itself, the CD-iB100ii (2nd generation) iPod interface unit, the GEX-P10XMT NavTraffic XM tuner, the PAC OEM-2 interface (since I'm utilizing the factory amp and speakers, and the PAC SWI-PSI steering wheel control interface. On to the install....

The first thing I did was remove all of the center console pieces and find a place for the XM tuner:

The location behind the bottom glove box seemed ideal because it appeared that the xm unit and the ipod unit would fit behind the most protruding piece of plastic behind the glove box.

Pictured below is the PAC OEM-2 box that goes between the AVIC-Z1 wiring harness and the factory harness. I first tested the unit without this piece, and I nearly blew the speakers. I set the input level to the lowest possible. I have clear, crisp sound to all four speakers. The install was straight-forward. It was at this point that I decided to ground the parking break lead from the Z1. I knew that this would be the first step to bypassing the in-motion video lockout "feature."

Here is the PAC OEM-2 behind the environmental controls. As you can see, it's pretty tight behind there:

Test run of the unit installed (booting up and displaying a map of where you are is a good thing!):

How did I run the XM and GPS wires? Well, nothing too permanent at all, but it'll work for the time being (I've had an XM antenna installed like this for the past 8 months without a problem). First of all, they're side-by-side on the roof:

Then the wires run underneath the roof basket, to the molding around the window:

...And finally, the GPS runs through a hole in the side of the car, and the XM runs behind the molding:

...And with a max of 8 pics per post: