Quote:
Originally posted by kilr xterra:
Quote:
Originally posted by Deltaphi216:
[b]What wire did you guys use for the illumination wire? I don't have a service manual. I am hooking up mine right now and don't want to splice into the wrong wire. Also, am i looking for an illumination or a dimmer wire?
dude, read the directions. if you don't, you might as well not even waste your time. i don't mean to sound like a jerk, but it's right there in the manual. As long as you aren't ghetto-rigging anything, all you should need to do is connect the similarly colored wires toghether and remember to seal up all the connections good and tight.

(i.e. the white goes with white; orange with orange; red with red...pretty self explanatory.)[/b]
If you read my post before responding, you would have seen that I don't have a service manual. I have the installation manual from Kenwood, but that doesn't show nissan's wires. I know how to hook everything else up. It is done already...i just need to know where the illumination wire is. It is NOT in the radio wiring harness. I hooked up the HU and the nav unit already. Thank you to the others who have helped me so far. I am VERY appreciative!!!