Quote:
Originally posted by XTerra-MAN:
This is probably one of the Best "How To Install the Insert name Here" I've seen in a long time. Well done all around VaTech03... but one very minor thing. Why not drill an X millimeter sized hole in the glove box, find a rubber grommet to produce that more "finished" appearance rather than freehand cut the rectangular piece out to run the wire?

I'm the first one to admit this is picking nits though. Helluva nice install job... and I bet you are loving your AVIC Z.

Congrats!
Ha...I know what you're saying. In my opinion, the iPod adapter is poorly designed--it is hard wired to the Pioneer box on one end, and has the iPod plug hard wired on the other...no way to easily route the cable through small holes. And the plastic in the glove box is rather thick--not sure if the gromet idea would fly. Besides...I was admittedly anxious to get everything going--so the Dremel and I had a little fun wink .

As for the map issues, I experience them as well. The maps seem a bit outdated. Not too happy about that, but she's always close enough to get me where I need to go. I rarely use the AVIC as a sole navigation device. I always make sure I have a good idea of where I'm going before I leave. The navigation feature on the Z1 is most helpful in general routing, showing trip progress (I love being able to answer the inevitable "Where are you?" cell phone question when on a lengthy trip), and reminding me when my exit is coming up.

Thanks for the positive feedback on the review...I hope it was helpful in some of your own installs!