Hey gang... Last year I started a dialog with a manufacturer of automotive switches to get samples and volume pricing information.

The switches come in a variety of styles, but one in particular - and the one I'm using - suits us Xterra owners particularly when adding additional lighting or accessories. The switch fits into the stock factory pop-out on 2000/2001 models right on the dash without trimming. Simply snap in place. I don't have a 2002 handy, so I dunno about those...

The switches look almost 100% like stock ones, only very slightly off. A variety of symbols are available including driving/fog and headlamp, or none at all. LEDs are also an option that turn on with your accessory.

I chose the red LED, headlight symbol switch so that the LED matches the "security blinker" on the dash and the install is very sano. I'll have some sample photos up shortly.

Of course, in this location, there is only room for one switch. You can combine these switches if you fab your own panel or cut additional openings.

Anyway, I was thinking about getting a bunch of these switches, maybe even fabricating a "kit" consisting of a wiring loom, conduit, nylon ties, etc. for aftermarket lighting installations if there was enough interest. Anyone out there in Xterra land interested in such a thing?