I got it, 10ms is about right.

This system is a modification for a Viper or any remote starter for that effect, which doesn't have a horn output and doesn't generate a double pulse to unlock doors.

The gadget, about 3" * 2" in size, uses a PIC Chip to do four things:

1) Sends a single horn pulse of 10ms when doors are locked.

2) Sends a double pulse, 10ms each with 300ms gap in b/n the two horn pulses when doors are unlocked.

3) Generates a double pulse from a single input pulse for door unlock; the first pulse, 500ms long, disarms the alarm and the second one, 700ms, with 200ms gap in between, opens the doors.

4) Does a Re-Arm delay of 2.5 seconds to give enough time for the vehicle to shut down before it can be re-armed. This is for timer mode use. When the starter kicks in, it disables the alarm and when it times out or is shut down using the remote, it re-arms the car.

The problem I had was that the viper starter didn't come with an option to set a delay time for re-arm. It sends a rearm signal automatically when the engine shuts off without giving enough time for the ignition to shut down completely, causing the rearm feature to fail working.

This unit works like a charm, solved all my problems.

------------------
2001 Silver Ice
4x4 XE

[This message has been edited by Flames (edited 03-13-2001).]