electroken, i had serious problems when trying ur method in my 2001 xterra. first i found the 2 wire piece with the red/black and red/something else wires and the 8 wire piece with the blue/red and the purple wire. However, when i used ur method and took the red/black wire and hooked it up to the blue/red wire i got no fog lights during any operation (when using no lights, parking lights, low beams, or high beams). So, then i tryed the red/black wire with the purple wire and when i did this i got no fog lights during any operation (when using no lights, parking lights, low beams, or high beams). But when the red/black wire was hooked into the purple wire, and i used my parking lights the right front headlight came on (even when the 8 wire piece wasn't connected). So, then i hooked the red/black wire back up the way it was and used the red/something else wire. When using the red/something else wire, i hooked it up to the blue/red wire, this gave me the use of fog lights during paking lights, low beams, and high beams; but the fog light switch doesn't turn the fog lights off. The fog lights just automatically come on with the parking lights, low beams, and high beams. So, then i took the red/something else wire and the purple wire hooked them together and this turned the fog lights on all the time (with no lights, parking lights, low beams, and high beams). But i still couldn't use the fog light switch, the fog lights just came on right when i hooked them to the purple wire eventhough the 8 piece wire connector wasn't connected. So do u have any ideas on how to get the switch working or what i did wrong.