OK, here goes, Alot of people have been asking how I did this. Following is the entire procedure I followed to get this installed....

First, I bought the Inverter. It's a 300W with Internal Fan and Dual outlets, Tripp Lite Brand.

I then removed the face plate of the inverter to see what I was up against. Then I completely removed my center console. I measured the face plate of the inverter, and then cut a hole in the console, just big enough for the wires on the back of the face plate to fit through. (NOTE) This will not interfere with your storage space in the console.

I then spliced wire on to the wires on the back of the face plate and ran the wires under the passenger seat.

I took the main body of the inverter and connected the wires using quick dissconnects (incase I need to remove it for some reason) I mounted the main body under the seat, the same way BlenderHead did, with Metal strapping and screws.

I then drilled small pilot holes for the screws on the face plate and then screwed the face plate to the console. I did not hard wire the power yet, but I plan on attaching that to the 12V dc outlet in the dash.

I tested after eveything was installed and it worked! I then finished securing eveything and bolted the console back in.

P.S. Synchro, that would be possible, there is an airspace all the way around the inner compartment, that would allow you to mount it in front, back or either side.

If anyone else needs any more info please email me at tobywerner@msn.com.

Onemadfool

------------------
'01 XE V6 4x4 5SPD Aztec Red AOL IM - mtg junkie
communities.msn.com/OnemadfoolsXterraShrine

[This message has been edited by onemadfool (edited 03-07-2001).]