I think Roys(Northfield,MN)is the place to go this time. I did get info on Backus. It's about a 3 hr trip from the cities. It looks like a good spot to. I think we need to plan a trip to go.
Let's meet at Hardees at 10:00am. If your going please sign in!
Directions for Roys:(also called the gravel pits)
Take 35w south, get off on MN-19, at the bottom of the ramp take a left. Stay on this till you get into Northfield. There will be a Hardees on the right. (this is the gathering spot)
Go south on Hwy 3 (from the 19 and 3 intersection in Northfield where the Hardees is) app 2.8 miles to county road 20. You'll know you're at CR20 because the 4 lanes on Hwy3 go into only 2 lanes right at that point. Turn left on CR20 and go app. 5.7 miles to 29 (hard to see the sign until you're right on top of it). Around that point if you look off to the left you can see the area. Turn left on 29 and you're there!
Roy owns the pits, and before you start playing around, please drive up to the first farm on the right and pay him $10 per Jeep for the day, or $35 per Jeep for the year.
Tom