There have been a lot of great ideas thrown out for events for the upcoming MXG in Hayward. I'm starting this thread to open discussion about specifics (and elect leaders for events), and mainly because the main MXG thread is getting pretty lenghty so I thought we could put the ideas for events here and the general information in the other thread...

I guess I'll start: Being a beer brewer and outdoor enthusiast I'd like to hike and imbibe a bit on the trip. That said, if this is anything like last year, it will probably be pretty muddy and the hiking may not be the most fun. Which leaves us with more time to enjoy beer (although if anyone is still interested in some hikes I would do my best to try to find something interesting to see).

That said, I'm curious if anyone else brews beer and would like to share at MXG. Also, I'm planning to brew a batch (maybe two, we'll see) for the event. Does anyone have any suggestions for styles, etc.?

For those who don't drink. I'm really sorry. I would try to make some soda (Root Beer or something), but the only time I tried that it was a horrible experiment in food science and pressure thresholds of brown glass bottles. If I find a good recipe I'll try to make it, but please don't get your hopes up as my adventurous spirit for the unfermented drink is not very healthy after that last root beer experiment.

Any other ideas for events or cooking or craft things people would like to share or lead?