We are meeting in the North East area of Busse Woods. Here is a link to a map of the forest preserve. The area we will be meeting includes groves one, two and three on the map. Because we don't have a reserved area we will be meeting wherever there is an big enough open area that has plenty of parking. I drove through the area this past weekend and there were a couple of spots that met these criteria even with 4 or so BIG groups present.

Busse Woods is located between Schaumburg and Elk Grove Village. Here's a mapquest MAP of the area, just zoom out for a wider view. If you are coming from the south or North, get to Rt. 53 and exit at Higgins Rd and head East. If you are coming from the city and are taking 90, you can exit at Arlington Heights Road and then head South to Higgins where you will turn right. A handy landmark to let you know your at Higgins is the large fenced area containing live Elk. The area we will be meeting in is closer to Arlington Heights Road, so if you are coming from Arl Hts Rd it'll be the first entrance on your right. If you are coming from Rt. 53 it's I think the 3rd entrance on the left/North side of the road. I am going try to make a sign to mark the entrance with a big X on it.

Lastly we need some volunteers for grills and food. My thoughts are to Bring Your Own Food and Beer, but we'll need a grill? I have a small propane one, but it struggles with too much meat!

http://midwestxterraowners.com/