Quote:
Originally posted by Gonzo:
It's hogwash. I'm not positive about the '04's (I imagine it's the same though) but the speedo's in the '03's are adjusted to work accurately with 15" tires - the ones stock on base models and XE's. Mine's an SE and came with 16" tires. I've verified this with a GPS. Since mine has 16" wheels, the speedo has always been off by about 2-3%, which just happens to be the difference you'd expect with the larger diameter tires. I just got new tires that are even bigger and it's now off by about 5.2%. That is, the speedo reads one thing when I am actually going faster/farther. Point being, this will EXTEND the warranty, not shorten it.

-G
I'm sure you know this, but I gotta correct you for the sake of the noobs...the wheel size doesn't mean a damn thing when calibrating a speedo, just diameter of the tire. Hell you could run a 29" wheel with a .5" sidewall and it'll still show the same speed as a 15" wheel with 7.5" sidewalls.

Disclaimer: the actual diameter of a given tire is almost never the size given on the sidewall...many 35" tires are actually ~34.5" in diameter