I ran table mesa about 2 months ago starting at the Cave Creek side. On the national forest web site they said it was closed but I had the day off, kids were out of school. My wife works in CC so I said screw it drop off the wife and go see how far I can go if it is closed turn around and go play on some other trails or FR. Well I went all the way to I-17.
I stopped for lunch about half way by the old post office (i think that is what it was,it is old late 1800's)and two rangers stopped said Hi asked how far we were going? where we started? they asked me how the trail was any bad spots. I asked them about the closure I saw on the web. They told me that the web site is not updated frequently some parts are some are not they kind of laugh they said we were fine they had closed area's due to rain and the fire damage they were worried about mud and rock slides and then they had to move on and said to have a great day.
Rinky that is funny about Harold's and I agree it is a great place fun and it is a bonus it is kid friendly. That is cool your father in law jams in a band. Have you heard the other band that plays there on Wednesday night Easton Ashe they are great?.
As I stated earlier my wife manages a store in frontier town were the Satisfied Frog is. Since my X has been in the shop I had been running her to work the last two mondays and we have been having Dinner out there. We were at Big Earls amazing burgers you should try them their blue cheese burger is awesome anyways the band Easton Ashe was doing a photo shoot there at Big Earls nice guys check them out on my space they are really good.
Looks like Az-ted has a good line for info out there in that area. there is so many trails out there you should be able to find something. The Great Western trail is fun too.
Great Western Trail