Quote:
Originally posted by T-Ray:
Edward's Park is in the 'big book' of trails.

Vulture Mine is 2wd friendly with some side roads that are more of a challenege. Probably not the best to test your new stuff, Adam.

How long does Smiley Rock take? I know that was thrown out there a while back as a possiblity...

Payette would be a good test for ya, Adam. Esp. since you ran it once unlifted and no armor.

My vote would be for Edwards Park or Payette.
Payette wouldn't be good for everyone else though, and it is quite a drive if you break something. The writeup on the Edwards Park Trail sounds pretty good so I also put my [ThumbsUp] for it.

Quote:

Edwards Park Trail

Special Attractions:
Very Scenic ridgeline trail with excellent primitive camping spots.
Remains of the El Oso and Jolene Mines
Optional 7-Rated Detour

Description:
Scenic Edwards Park Trail (FR 422) Follows the Mazatzal Divide, the ridgeline that runs north of Four Peaks to Edwards Park - a distance of just over 10 Miles. There are, however a few good turnaround points. This trail is rated as a 6, mostly because of a few steep rocky sections. On the north end of the trail there are areas with close brush. As the trail follows the ridgeline, it offers expansive views to the east over the Tonto Basin and Roosevelt Lake, to the west into the Valley, to the south to the Superstition Mountains, and to the north toward Mount Ord and the Mogollon Rim. Along the way there is an optional detour past the remains of the El Oso Mine and the Jolene Mine, but this detour is 7-rated and should be treated with caution. A field of large sharp-edged rocks must be negotiated while making a sharp right turn. A spotter is recommended, as well as skid plates. These trails are entirely above 5,000 Feet, affording some relief from Summer Heat.
An so it goes on. Sounds like fun!