Assembled by 10 at the riverboat, and waited until 10:30 for Gabe and Johnny. They were no-shows frown We (Conundrum, DBAX, Defibvt, GRN-X, Rinky, Soldier-X, and TremorX) headed west for 10 miles to the trailhead. Well, it was a trailhead for the days trip anyways :rolleyes: , not sure if it was the one we started out looking for.. I figured there's a mountain range runnin' 20-25 miles north to south. If we just travel parallel going south, we'll be alright. wink And indeed we were. The first part of the trail led us across hardly used old tracks in the now dry desert, which'd been green and fragrant with wildflowers only two weeks before. Eventually, we spilled out onto the proper trailand continued moving south. We stopped to look at the big, bald rock, than continued on. I think it was shortly after that Rinky need the first strap. Only part of the trail really to give a 2wd fits. Up and over he came and the train kept rolling. We drove along high ridges , travelling to their ends and crossing over now dry again streambeds and washes. The scenery is great west of the Tanks, still totally raw and very primitive. We eventually stopped for lunch in a deep wash, and sat about in what little shade the Palo Verdes provide. A nice breeze kept things comfortable, and we enjoyed our time.. We came througha series of fence gates and followed a property line a good ways coming to a hill. Without flogging his truck too hard, Rinky worked his open 2wd X up a decent sized hill to cheers and applause. From there we got to a couple of hills I couldn't pass up, so I led the way up and around a series of steep climbs. I think everyone enjoyed themselves there as well smile At the end of one particularily steep/sharp hilltop turn, somehow Tremor had a small problem getting up, than around the corner. Luckily, Georgie (AZXC's newest female driver) was there to show Tremor how to do it. She tugged him up like it was something she did all the time. We began to near the southern end of the range and slowly headed down to flat ground. We met the powerline trail and ran that the remaining 1/3 of the way. From there, it was a quick sprint(well, I hit 65 laugh ) down the flat wide wash to the exit/entrance. We all said our goodbyes and hit the hi-way for the ride home. Fun trail, great for 2wd club Xcursions. We began around 10:50, ended back on pavement around 3:30. Not a bad day at all. Thanks to all who showed up for a good time. [Smoking] [ThumbsUp]