Dead alternator - We had a guy lose one but another guy had a portable 12v/120v generator that ran on gas. We bungeed it to his hood and got him off the trail. I carry a spare.

Broken Tierods - Carry spares. Sometimes you can hammer them straight enough to use. On Gen 1's, it's typically the center adjustor that breaks. Find someone who bought a steering kit and offer $10 for a spare stock center adjustor. One time, we even used batteries to weld a part of a tire iron between the two tierod ends to get one back together. The guy drove his truck 2000 miles home that way.

Stripped out Tbar anchors - hammer them back in - typically we've been able to get enough spline to keep them in. Worst case, put a block of wood between the lower A-arm and the frame to keep the ride height up and drive gingerly.

Broken halfshafts - Go into 2wd, or remove one completely.

Broken hubs - Go into 2wd and take a strap when needed, or carry a spare.

Broken motor mounts - Ratchet strap from the engine lift point down to the frame after you loosen the bolts and get it to reseat. Duct tape the broken air intake tube that usually results.

Broken Ujoints - carry spares along with the tools to pound one out and replace it. Ujoints are cheap.

Rollover recovery - Ask Adam about this.

Coolant leaks - Tape, the ballpoint pen trick, etc.

Broken brake lines - I ripped out a soft line once. Put a set of vice grips on the line and wired them up to the frame and drove it with brakes on 3 wheels. Carry a bottle of fluid.

Disintegrated wheel bearings - Carry spares or get friendly with a tow truck.

Blown transmission cooling lines - Carry extra fluids and some soft line, locate the leak, Patch it up.

Some of the most unimaginable stucks - High lift jacks, straps, rock stacking, winches, shovels, rakes, and other implements of destruction - You name it. I've seen some creative unsticking as recently as our trail ride yesterday in the east valley.