Okay, the other day I am on my way to work and want to top off the air in my tires. I stop at three different places that have free air, but each one has a chuck that is broken. I finally just broke down and went to a place that charged me $1 by the time I got all four wheels filled up (not to mention the $2 in gas I wasted stopping at each station).

Well that got me to thinking about how much easier it would have been to just have a small air compressor at home. I am not planning on using it for any sort of power tools, pretty much just filling the air up on all the auto tires around the house.

Anyone thinking of selling one? Any ideas as to the size I would need. I would think a 4 gal one would be okay for what I'd be using it for, or would a 2 gal work? Does the HP really matter much for what I'd be using it for (the higher the HP the faster air is pump in the tank, correct?).

Thanks for any help on the subject.