Well, the day started out with Dan and Jess(DBAX) meeting me and Linda at our place in order to caravan out to Saguro Lake. Dan had me listen to his engine which was whining. I incorrectly diagnosed it as normal engine noise so we began our journey. All of a sudden at 99th and Bell there was a puff of blue smoke out from under Dan's truck. We immediately pulled into the McDonald's parking lot expecting the worst (fire). Fortunately nothing was on fire but we later discover that the alternator had frozen and the belt had melted and started on fire for a brief moment (I don't want to smell that again). Linda and I followed Dan to Peoria Nissan where he and Jess stayed to wait for the repair on Dan's truck.

Linda and I met up with Preston, Travis, Gorgi, and Lee at Saguro Lake. We then proceeded out to the "coves" to claim a camping spot. We did a bit of playing along the way.

Travis playing in mud.

The aftermath.

Travis getting tippy.

Same spot otherside.

Gorgi starting for the tippy part.

Linda driving my truck after the tippy part. Immediately after this Linda went up the obstacle. She hung the driver's side tire 2-3 feet off the ground. Fortunately the sliders saved the body panels.

We then moved on and went to play at another spot. I only have pics of Preston trying an uphill climb.

Then off to camp. We set up camp and Preston, Gorgi, and Travis went off to play. Linda, Lee and I stayed back and relaxed for a bit.

Dan and Jess showed up with Dan's truck running like a top. It was good to see them because we thought they would have been later. Thanks Peoria Nissan. A few minutes after Dan showed up in rolls Preston and Gorgi. Travis had clutch or Tranny trouble. So Preston,Gorgi, Lee and I went out to tow Travis back to the main road so he could be towed home. Before we could even begin towing Travis, Gorgi had to go and break down. It was a quick fix so she was on her in a short amount of time. The tow was uneventful. As a side note, Lee towed travis in 2lo with the rear locker on. He FORGOT to put it in 4 wheel drive.

Back to camp, Brian showed up shortly after we got back. The night was uneventful until about 2:30am. There was a dog fight and a gun shot from the neighbors. Fortunately no one was hurt.

The next day we were up at the crack of dawn, ate breakfast and off to work support for the triathalon. The shirts we were given for helping DCB Extreme Adventures has our AZXC logo on the back. (Really it is there Dan laugh ) We all thought that was very cool.

Other than a dog fight and one gun shot it was a great weekend. Sure hope more can show up next year because we all had a great time.