Quote:
Originally posted by Conundrum:

Great time out even though we were ditched by the Modified trucks.
Sorry Adam, but that's a bunch of crap. You offered to sweep after JW offered first. You had a CB, and we were not 400 yards away from that yellow arrow sign on the right fork for well over an hour waiting for you guys. Tim and Georgie both went looking for you guys down the way you apparently went and no one was answering the radios.

We always wait when the group gets split to get everyone back together. After doing 7 AZ runs with a group twice this size and not losing them, we've got a little experience here.

I hate it for you guys that you didn't get to finish the trail, but it's really important on a large group run to keep the truck ahead of you in sight. If they're not anymore, call out.

I also thought some of the crew had run the Coke Ovens before and knew where they were going. On future runs, we'll ensure someone who knows the trails is in the back.

Sorry your day got shot, but don't accuse us of ditching you. We wanted to run with you guys and share the camp last night. We sent people looking for you. We were constantly trying FRS and CB's to reach you. We didn't have phone service there, else we would have tried that too. I'm not sure what else we could have done. I still want to see that new Frontier on the trails to see how it does. All the SWANKY guys could see a truck in the mirror to the point where we stopped. I'm not sure who the last Xterra was that came up behind us, and there's no use pointing fingers.

If you guys would like (and don't take this the wrong way), but I'd be happy to come to one of the AZXC meetings and talk about trail etiquette, tactics, etc. for traveling in a large group. For some of the newer folks, it might be really helpful to them.