Jim (Yzerman) and I have been discussing going on a geocaching trip. Geocaching is locating hidden stashes (by other geocachers) using a GPS. When found, you take something from it, leave something for it, and note you've been there in it's log book.

I'm thinking about picking 10-12 locations and mapping out a route to search for them. They're all over the state, here's a map of some in the Prescott area just to show a few-

[img]http://www.xterraz.com/geomap.bmp[/img]

Jim and I both have GPS's (Brian too, I think) so you don't need one. There would be some hiway driving, four wheeling, hiking, maybe climbing, and an assortment of other unknown surprises. Almost the same as one of our X'cursions with an added twist, locating a cache. We could make a day of it with lunch somewhere along the route.

Sound intriguing to anyone? Neither of us has ever done it so I have no idea of what the result would be. Could be fun, could be stupid but I'm thinking it would definitely be interesting in seeing if we could find some.

I'll be working on a route and date to get this going. Anyone want to join in? The more the merrier.